We all know what’s involved in creating a wonderful new bathroom, right? You put in some new tile, install a new vanity and hang the mirror. Voila! A new look for your bathroom!
But that’s just the starting point. There are some other tips you might consider following that are often overlooked. And because they’re often overlooked, these are tips that will set your bathroom apart from others’. Here are our suggestions:
1) Don’t neglect the ceiling. It’s common for people to focus so much time and energy (and money) on the walls and floors that they forget to look at the ceiling. You can put in an ornate bathroom ceiling for less than $100 in some cases, by simply applying textured wallpaper. And this adds real personality to the bathroom.
2) Create the illusion of space in your bathroom with a couple of clever tricks. For instance, many hotels have curved shower rods which, without altering the shower at all, creates the appearance of a shower which is larger than it really is. Also, large mirrors in the bathroom give the illusion of largeness, as do light, bright colors.
3) Make sure you don’t have tired light fixtures with your bathroom vanity. If so, be sure to replace these light fixtures with fresh, new ones. Or if you can afford it, go ahead and spring for an entirely new vanity, complete with just the right lights you need.
4) However, if you can’t afford to install an entirely new vanity, make the one you have look new. How, you ask? By investing a little money in some tile. You can create a wonderful new look to the vanity by purchasing some stone tile and making a new top for the vanity countertop.
5) And finally, use paint. Paint is an extremely affordable home design item. In fact, it’s the least expensive way of achieving the look you want for your bathroom. Select a neutral color, and yet one which is at the same time bold. Guaranteed you’ll be overwhelmed by the results! Then it’s just a matter of selecting bath mats and a shower curtain that compliments that paint colors.
We’re betting you’ll love your new look.